Sunday, February 26, 2017

Snow Day up the creek

We thought we'd go to the firemen's pancake breakfast and then church. We ended up with some time on our hands, so we bought some hardware and went home to drop it off, then dash off to church. What we didn't plan on: going home to drop off some hardware the rain turned into a blizzard and the road's getting slick. Not a good idea to leave home again. For the record, it's not snowing in Cottage Grove, just at Folly Up The Creek. I think that by afternoon the snow will be gone, but who knows?

Yesterday the new weather station arrived, and a draw knife as well.  I was planning to put it up today, and that was what the hardware was to be for.  But there's too much weather out there just now.


Also ready for delivery are the lawn tractor and the gas-powered chipper-shredder from Jerry's. Just need to have them delivered, maybe tomorrow or Tuesday.

Since the pea test was inconclusive, I will have to do another test.  I picked up some pots yesterday, and some more seed, and I will try to get them started  today.  Also I have a plan B for fir sawdust and manure by the truckload from Boyce Brothers- and I will need to get a sample of their manure to run in this test as well.  

I'm looking into getting some large rocks to make the border for the blueberry patches. I plan to make a small retaining wall with the rocks and backfill it with dug up clay soil and sawdust, I already ordered 6 bare root blueberry bushes- and hope they will arrive this week.


No comments:

Post a Comment