Monday, July 18, 2016

Monday  Gresham, OR
Q's place
Q's raised beds

Well, I was off my feed since leaving Cascara campground due to a diverticulitis flare-up.  Today MM and I went to see a doctor and it gave us a chance to benchmark the local Kaiser system, which seemed friendly and efficient to me.  I got my antibiotics and blood test, was warned not to drink for 12 days (not that I have wanted to much lately) and after beginning my course I hope to see quick results; but for today it's bland foods and rest.

Not too permacultural to wipe out my intestinal flora, but there aren't any good alternatives for me just now, and I'm no martyr.  So first antibiotics and bland diet, then probiotics.

Some correlation of rainfall and mapping areas is giving some shape to the band of desirable  land; and MM doesn't want to look North of Portland because of dark winters.  I count this as progress.  We're refining our focus. There is enough reasonably priced land in the 50 mile swath mostly west of I5 to find something to look at, especially between Eugene and Salem.

Want to do some looking around Oregon and stop at Raintree to check them out; then up to Enumclaw (too rainy) for the highland games in about 10 days on Friday.  I think I'll be ready to have some fun by that time. Then visit Willis and Laurie and company for a couple, and then on to Port Angeles and Nanaimo to visit Gloria.  She too promises us a bed.

Going back down we will have time to check out northern California- Hayfork, Trinity Alps, Platina. Then Clearlake and beyond, in late August.







1 comment:

  1. Glad you and MM are looking at Oregon where there is more rainfall. Sorry to hear about your health issues. I'm going in for a sonogram tomorrow; it seems what I thought was another gallstone passing may have been a pancreatic attack. Got scolded for not going to ER, which is an hour and a half from here. Had it not been 4 am on a Sunday maybe I would have gone. Take care of yourselves, enjoy your travels and best wishes in finding the perfect homestead!

    ReplyDelete